Monday, June 30, 2014

Go Rafting: All Time Favorite Watersport

#iLuVRapIds!!!
Rafting:MoreFunManyTimesAround...
Water Rafting is my all time favorite water sport. Where else would I do this? Nowhere else but in the place full of adventure, Cagayan de Oro!

I've done water rafting with my friends and colleagues a total three times now. And every experience that I've had was completely different from the other. Every "whoooaaa!" and "aaahhhh!" were all accounted for.
The adrenaline rush I felt on the first time I tried this sport was incomparable. I'm not a good swimmer nor can I maintain my balance in the water more than a minute but I really wanted to try this out so the fact that I don't know the basics of swimming isn't really a big prob for me.

Yes, I am that tough!

The moment the raft dipped and started to move along with the water, my hands then started shaking. I couldn't barely lift the paddle and I just started screaming thinking that I might fall any moment. The feeling was really awesome every time we hit a rapid and my fear slowly faded away as me and my friends started to enjoy and appreciate the thrill and excitement of water rafting.

All the screams, laughter, and cries of happiness were all worth it if shared with the company of good awesome F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

As usual in every sports activity there is always a short briefing for safety purposes. On the first water rafting that I've had, my ears were all open for all infos given by our guides, taking all in everything wholeheartedly. All precautions were always the same though and it never changed
"Action + thrill + drama = water rafting" --- This is the complete recipe for an adventure-seeker individual. There are different levels to try out in this sport. I've only tried the Beginner Level and the Intermediate Level. Beginner usually takes 1-2 hours to cruise the entire river while intermediate is about 3-4 hours of pure fun. I love intermediate more than beginner coz in this level a lot of stunts were performed, all of which were heart-pounding and mind-blowing! On the beginner side, only few actions and the river cruise passes many still waters but nevertheless it is still fun for a first timer. There is also an Expert Level that passes through a more difficult and challenging route. Hopefully, I could try this one out.

Paparazzi's were also all over the area so as a motto, "Always Smile even though times are Difficult..." a saying that perfectly suits the situation. Pictures do matter!!!

TIP: Just a tip though base on my experience, a perfect position to get that perfect shot is to always sit in the FRONT...
I've also experienced water rafting on a rainy day. It was twice as exciting and fun because the rapids were more aggressive. And every time we passed successfully a difficult rapid without any one on the raft getting flipped over, we shouted then "Churvavells!!!", just a word equivalent to yes, we made it!

This was our Great Fall! Weeeeeehhh.... whatta feeling!


I so so so love water rafting! This sport makes me feel more alive and capable.


'Till my next adventure...
Ciao!!!

4 comments: