Sunday, August 21, 2011

My CamSur Knee Boarding


THE COMPLEX
Camarines Sur Watersports Complex also known as "CWC" is a very famous watersports park in the Philippines located in Naga City, Camarines Sur. It is designed for wakeboarding, knee-boarding (for beginners like myself), waterskating and waterskiing. I for once conquered the waters at CWC last 13Aug2011. The complex was so huge and very busy at that time since a day after we arrived was already the Ironman competition. Athletes from all over the world came here to practice more before the big day.
Going here was not much of a hassle since we had a van rented exclusively for me and my berks.The size of the area for the said activities was very amazing. We saw foreigners testing their limits, enhancing their skills, and preparing for tomorrow's big event. We thought we wouldn't be able to try this out but thank goodness they were still accepting guests. 

This was the magnificent view of CWC from the opposite side. 
CWC put up an enormous sized map to give guests/visitors an idea of where they at.

Boards used for the sport where available in case you don't have one like us. They were made with colorful and cute designs.
THE PREPARATION
There was no specific "what-to-wear" displayed in the vicinity. So basing from the wakeboarding enthusiasts, a comfortable outfit is a must. An outfit where you can move well and won't held up your physical strength. The protective gears included a helmet and a life jacket. I just find the helmet really bothering because it doesn't fit well. As any other extreme sports, a short briefing was conducted. One of the guides explained to us the proper way to bend your knees, how to have a nice grip with the handle,other do's and dont's. Since all of us were first timers and I for a fact don't know how to swim, we were really nervous.
THE PLAY
I didn't get it at first but as I moved through the water and the cable was clearly doing its job, I thought it was really great. The pull of the cable was very sudden I almost loosed my grip.This is me showing the best of the best of my reflexes for this knee-boarding. 
This was how the cable looked like from afar. It was a very strong steel. You really have to keep your grip strong and might so you will not fall to the waters. As a beginner, that will be expected but of course, being able to complete the whole cycle and arrive at the finish line was just rewarding.
And yes, you can ride or float or use these boards when doing wake-boarding. It was really nice watching the players how they used these boards for fun and entertainment.
Our knee-boarding experience was really fun! It was tiring, yet it had a lasting effect on me. This was a well deserved trip. Kudos to CWC!




Ciao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment