Sunday, April 27, 2014

Siargao Island: The Cloud 9 Waves

A visit to the best known surfing waves in Siargao Island... 
More fun under the SuN!!!
Cloud 9 is very famous not only in the city and country where I came from but also the place is very prominent internationally. Surfing competitions are held here which are participated by hundreds of surfing enthusiasts all over the country and the world. The waves at Cloud 9 are so inviting and you just want to keep going. 
The waves never stops and anytime of the year this can be enjoyed.
The waves are also easily accessible. I'm no expert in surfing but I do feel that getting in these waters could make anyone want to learn to surf. I so envy these talented surfers, both local and foreign, because the way they try to manipulate the strong waves is such a great sight. The waves at Cloud 9 do have the reputation for its thick hollow-like tubes.
This is the famous Boardwalk. Although there are many resorts surrounding the island of Siargao, this is by far the most closer one and accessible one to the well-known Cloud 9 waves. The view here was pretty amazing. I can see and appreciate clearly the Cloud 9 waves and also the good looking bodies of the surfers.
On a hot sunny day, the boardwalk really is something to watch for. This is one of the many places in the Philippines that is a Must-See before even going out of the country and explore great surfing sites.
The boardwalk is a long stretch passage made up of quality wood. The shelters located in alternate corners made it possible for visitors like me to fully enjoy the scenery without having to worry too much of the sun.
The surfers and their boards, their most prized possession.
My friends and I did managed to grab a photo opp with the surfers and they look really amazing.
A little side trip to Kalinaw Resort, one of the most prestigious resorts in Siargao Island. 
My entire Siargao experience was a delight. It was more fun imaginable and I would come here the next time and still enjoy the hot waves under the heat of the sun.

'Till my next adventure!
Ciao!!!



1 comment: