Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Windmills Of Bangui

When I visited Ilocos Norte I made it a point to see the great windmills. These were one of the most exciting attractions in the region and I don't want to miss it. My friends too were excited as I was. These wonderful windmills are located in the municipality of Bangui in Ilocos Norte. The location of the Philippines makes it ideal for some regions to have wind power installation particularly in Ilocos Norte, where power source was limited and so these wind turbines greatly helped in the regions power source supply. To date, there are approximately 20 wind turbines installed in Bangui.
While we were still on the road I can already see these Windmills rising high above the sky. They were perfectly lined up in singular lane along the shore. The place was uninhabited thus the location of the windmills won't cause any disturbance to people. 
From afar I thought that I could embrace it or if not, perhaps two or three people can be able to hug its base. It looked manageable from a distance.
As I got close, I was astounded by its size. It was so huge! I would say it takes maybe 20 to 30 people to fully surround the base of the windmill. 
I saw this door when I was exploring this single windmill and I thought to myself in any case these wind turbines needs cleaning, fixing, or any adjustments, engineers would pass here.
See how big these windmills were? My friends looked so small in these photos.
A photo trick with my friends. These windmills weren't that heavy and huge after all. I could carry them, really!
And I could even point a finger to it. We were just having fun being here!
I had much fun here and I won't miss to have a photo opp with my divine windmill!
Just along the road I saw these freshly handcrafted souvenir items. They looked great and made to perfection. I bought one here, the larger one for keepsake and these were very affordable.
Being here just made me realize something. Nature has its own ways of helping mankind. Man just needs to look for a sustainable way of living to be able to coexist with the environment.


Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Playgroup Singapore giant windmills:) i had been there, its scary when you are close to the windmill x)

    ReplyDelete